The County of Simcoe has extended the application deadline for the 2020 Age-Friendly Seniors Housing Grant Program to the end of June.
An annual $500,000 fund was established for eligible projects and will be distributed based on the number of applications received and ability to meet funding criteria.
Applicants eligible for this grant include those completing renovations or new housing projects located within the 16 local municipalities of the County of Simcoe (excludes cities of Barrie and Orillia).
Applicants can be homeowners or developers wanting to develop age-friendly seniors housing. Please click on the following link for more information on the Simcoe County Age-Friendly Seniors Housing Grant Program.
“As our population continues to age, the County is focused on key strategies to enhance regional support services and resources that address our community’s needs, including affordable and attainable housing,” said Warden George Cornell. “This grant program aligns with our Age-Friendly strategy and helps us to increase our housing capacity so more seniors can continue to live independently.”
- Housing projects must be located within the 16 municipalities of the County of Simcoe; excluding cities of Barrie and Orillia
- Applicants can be homeowners of principal residences or developers
- Housing must be dedicated to occupants 60 years and older
- Individual homes or multi-residential development projects
- You have not already received capital funding from the County of Simcoe for the same project
- Accessible housing design for seniors
- Design for people with dementia
- Support Services, (capital projects that facilitate support services for seniors, for example: congregate dining)
Anyone building or renovating a multi-unit building could be funded for enhanced aspects of accessibility over and above compliance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (OADA) and building code standards for residential units.
To apply print and complete the Application Form and forward by the closing date:
Age-Friendly Seniors Housing Grant Application deadline has been pushed back to end of June 2020. We will keep you posted if this date changes.
County of Simcoe
Health & Emergency Services
Attn: Age-Friendly Seniors Housing Grant
1110 Highway 26
Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6
Or scan in your completed application and attach in an email to: AgeFriendly@simcoe.ca
The Age-Friendly Seniors Housing Grant Application deadline has been pushed back to end of June 2020. “We will keep you posted if this date changes,” the county says.