Ontario Construction News staff writer
The development phase is now underway with ED+PCL Healthcare Partners, the development partner selected to design, schedule, price, and create risk parameters for the Trillium Health Partners (THP) Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital.
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and THP have signed a development phase agreement with ED+PCL Healthcare Partners after a competitive request for proposals process that began in April 2022.
The ED+PCL Healthcare Partners team includes:
- Applicant leads: ED+PCL Healthcare Partners
- Design team: Parkin Architects, Adamson Associates and Jodine Lamarre Pratte Architects
- Construction team: A joint venture between EllisDon Corporation and PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Financial advisor: EllisDon Capital and PCL Investments Inc.
The Peter Gilgan Mississauga Hospital project is a progressive public-private partnership (P3) – a collaborative development of project requirements, design, pricing, schedule, and risk management.
Work will include:
- full replacement of existing hospital site, creating a modern health care facility to meet the growing and changing health care needs of this community
- new and expanded emergency department – creating one of the largest emergency departments in the province
- surgical platform that provides flexibility to adapt to changing patient needs and new technologies, including an increase in the number of surgical operating rooms with specialized equipment and advanced imaging systems
- advanced diagnostic imaging facilities
- pharmacy and clinical laboratory
- parking structure
ED+PCL Healthcare Partners will now work collaboratively with IO and THP and the health ministry.
Once the development phase is complete, ED+PCL Healthcare Partners will sign a fixed-price project agreement with THP to finalize design, build, finance, and maintain the project.