Project opportunity information provided by DataBid.com. See more comprehensive information at the DataBid site.
Stage Open – Request for Proposal
Project/Bid No. Q-2018-099-FR
DataBid ID 0026091918
511 Union St., Kingston ON
(Frontenac) , Canada
Project Class General Building
Construction Type Renovation
October 16, 2018 3:00 PM –
Bonfire eBid Submission Required
Bids Due To Queens University
Site Meeting Mandatory
Prebid Date/Time September 28, 2018 2:30 PM
Prebid Location Site
Estimated Cost $100,001.00 – $1,000,000.00
Detail of Services
The intent of the project is to provide six (6) classrooms within Duncan MacArthur Hall with an interior finishes refresh new folding partitions and new audio/visual (A/V) equipment.
This contract for interior classroom renovations throughout Duncan MacArthur Hall at Queen’s University generally includes for interior finishes removal preparation and replacement. Construction scope of work includes but is not limited to the following:
• Demolition and removal of existing flooring ceilings redundant data infrastructure and folding partitions.
• Preparation of wall and floor substrates to accept new flooring and paint including levelling patching as necessary
• Drywall bulkhead partitions miscellaneous metals and equipment installation for new folding partitions.
• New acoustic tile grid ceiling system including modifications to mechanical ductwork and diffusers to suit new ceiling system.
• Remove and re-install existing light fixtures in new ceiling system.
• Installation of new electrical and data infrastructure to support A/V equipment.
• Installation of owner supplied A/V equipment.
Deadline for Questions: October 4, 2018 at 3:00 PM
Deadline for Issuing Addenda: October 9, 2018
Note that this project will have six (6) separate phases for each classroom to be renovated, since only one (1) classroom may be taken offline for construction work at a time. All scheduling will be required to be co-ordinated with Queen’s University for availability of space and time.
Additional eBid Submission Information:
Upload your Submission at: Bonfire Portal
Uploading large documents may take significant time, depending on the size of the file(s) and users internet connection speed. Respondents are advised to allow ample time to complete submission uploads prior to the deadline.
Queens University – Document Availability
Division 02 – Existing Conditions Existing Conditions
Division 05 – Metals Metals
Division 09 – Finishes Finishes
Division 22 – Plumbing Plumbing
Division 23 – HVAC HVAC
Division 26 – Electrical Electrical
Division 27 – Communications Communications