Ontario Construction News staff writer
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have awarded a $443 million contract for the GO Expansion, Lakeshore West Infrastructure Improvements Project..
EllisDon will oversee the P3 project through EllisDon Capital Inc. and will be the primary construction contractor through EllisDon Infrastructure Transit (EDIT).
Design team members include
- Civil: Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions, a Division of Wood Canada Limited and Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Architectural: Stantec, Strasman Architects
- Electrical: Mulvey + Banani International Inc.
- Mechanical: The Aquila Group
- Structural: Stephenson Engineering Ltd.
- Signals: Stantec
- Geotechnical: Thurber Engineering Ltd.
- Track: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Stantec
- Environmental: Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions
Onsite mobilization and pre-construction work will begin this spring and construction will begin in the fall. EDIT estimates up to 200 jobs will be created during construction.
The project’s scope of work includes improvements to the Long Branch Go station, grade separation at Burlock Drive, a pedestrian bridge replacement at Drury Lane and enabling works for electrification.