Ontario Construction News staff writer
EllisDon, Infrastructure Ontario and Hamilton Health Sciences celebrated topping off at the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital site in Grimsby last week.
The $224 project includes construction of a new, larger hospital on the property behind the existing facility to serve the West Niagara community for years to come.
Features will include:
- Acute inpatient beds
- A 24-hour Emergency Department
- Maternal and newborn services
- Day surgical services including endoscopy and minor procedures
- Increased outpatient (ambulatory) care space
- Advanced diagnostics including X-ray, mammography, echocardiography and ultrasound, and CT scanner
A contract was awarded to EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare (EDIH) in April 2022 to design, build and finance the redevelopment project.
The EDIH team includes:
- Applicant Leads: EllisDon Corporation
- Design Team: Parkin Architects Limited
- Construction Team: EllisDon Corporation
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
Construction is expected to be complete in winter 2025.